If you are hitting the gym hard with the intention of building muscle then you are going to need to up your protein intake. Many of us use shakes or supplements but surely there is a more enjoyable and tasty way of getting that protein hit. Here are 5 recipes you NEED TO KNOW to help you to up the amount of Protein you take in.
Spicy Almond, Chicken and Pepper
- 500g diced Chicken or Turkey Breast (cut into big chunks)
- 3 red onions (cut into wedges)
- 500g small new potatoes (cut into thick wedges)
- 2 Deseeded Red Peppers (cut into large chunks)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin, Paprika and Fennel Seeds (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50g Almonds (bashed or chopped into small chunks)
- 170g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
- Juice and zest of one lemon
Heat the oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6. Put the Chicken, Onions, Potatoes, Peppers in a large baking dish (or two smaller ones) and sprinkle with the seasoning, lemon juice and oil. Mix to coat evenly.
Roast for 40 minutes giving the baking tray a good shake to turn the ingredients about half way through. Five minutes before the end give the ingredients a final shake and sprinkle with Almonds.
Thai Salmon Kebabs
- 1 tbsp of Thai Green or Red Curry Paste (Red will give you a spicier Kebab)
- 150ml of Light Coconut Milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 x 140g of Salmon Fillet chopped into squares
- Olive Oil
Mix the Curry Past, Light Coconut Milk and Lime Juice in a bowl well. Add the Salmon and marinade for at least one hour.
Skewer the Salmon pieces onto wooden skewers and barbecue, grill or fry using a little oil to ensure they do not stick.
Griddled Turkey Breast with Quinoa Seed Salad
- 225g Quinoa
- 25g Butter
- 1 Red Chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed and Chopped)
- 500 Turkey Breast cut into strips
- 300g Vine Tomatoes
- Handful of Black Olives (pitted)
- 1 Red Onion
- 100g fat free Cottage or Feta Cheese
- Small bunch of Mint Leaves
- Juice of ½ lime
Cook the Quinoa according to the pack instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
Mix the butter, chilli and garlic into a paste.
Griddle the Turkey in the Olive Oil and season. Once cooked through put on a plate and put dots of the spicy butter on top.
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, olives, onions, cooled Quinoa, lime juice, and cooled Turkey breasts with any remaining Olive Oil. Serve.
i-motion Gym are proud to help our members reach their goals, when we set out it is exactly what we envisioned. REDEFINE AFFORDABLE FITNESS. For more recipes and blogs subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
i-motion Gym have over 90 classes a week and if you want to try something a bit different why not visit www.i-motiongym.com/classes to book on one. Remember a habit is just a learnt behavior, they can be positive or negative, good luck in developing these positive gym habits! i-motion Gym.
Back to Blog