There are some things you just don’t associate Pizza and Protein are probably one of them. Pizza and Low Fat is another, oh, and how about Pizza and Gluten-Free. This recipe covers them all…. Don’t mention it!
165 Grams of White Quinoa
1 tsp baking powder or gluten free baking powder
¼ tsp salt
olive oil or low fat cooking oil spray
- Soak the Quinoa for 8 hours by covering it in water. Drain thoroughly then rinse thoroughly.
- Place the Quinoa in a food processor with 60ml of water the baking powder and salt and blitz until a smooth batter is formed.
- Use an 8-10inch round cake tin and line it with baking parchment. Spray the parchment with the Olive Oil or Low Fat Cooking Spray
- Pour the batter in and smooth off with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius. Flip the crust over and bake for a further 5-minutes until golden.
- Add the tomato sauce and topping(s) of your choice – be sure to keep it healthy! TIP: Try lumps of Low Fat Cream Cheese instead of mozzarella. TIP: Protein load your pizza with Turkey or Fish.
- Return to the oven for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted.
By using the Quinoa for the base we are automatically increasing the amount of natural protein in the pizza. For more awesome recipes that are both tasty and healthy see our Diet & Nutrition blog page.Back to Blog