We all know exercise and a good fitness regimen has some obvious benefits like weight loss, strength, flexibility and so on. But as we research into exercise there are some other, perhaps unexpected, benefits that we can access from physical fitness. So here at i-motion gym we thought we would look at the bi-product benefits of fitness.
- Exercise can boost brainpower. Exercise increases serotonin in the brain, which leads to improved mental clarity. This then leads to us being more productive which in turn has great benefits for businesses with less lost productive hours.
- Movement can melt away stress. Exercise helps to relax us with serves as a positive distraction from any stress you may be feeling. Not only that but it also helps to elevate your mood which in turn helps to fight depression. This not only has a positive effect for you but for anybody in your life also
- Exercise gives you energy. How many of you come in from work and just want to sit on the couch? Whilst at first exercising my make you feel tired that won’t last for long and this isn’t the same as every day fatigue. Once you have got yourself into a routine you will find that you actually have more energy from the endorphins that exercise helps to release. It will also help to improve your stamina so will help to make the everyday tasks of carrying shopping or climbing stairs easier too.
- It’s not hard to find time to workout. How many people say I just don’t have the time? You just need to think about ways of exercising that won’t feel like you are eating into your hours. Doing the school run can you walk instead of driving? Trying to keep your children amused during their holidays instead of watching the TV get out and about. What better way to exercise than with your family. Here’s a strange statement from a gym but exercise doesn’t only have to happen at the gym!!! We want you to get the exercise you need to make you feel better, you are the most important thing.
- Fitness can help build relationships. The endorphins from exercise make you happier as said earlier what better way to feel happy than with your loved ones or friends or colleagues. Besides working out with somebody is far more fun than always having to do it by yourself. You can push each other to get to your goals, how many times would you like to have somebody there to say just 5 more!!!!
- Exercise helps to fight disease. Exercise can help to boost your immune system so you’ll hopefully spend less time having colds. The effects on things such as Type 2 diabetes are well documented and have been known to help people once they have been diagnosed as well. In basic terms exercising makes you more healthy!!!
- Fitness pumps up your heart. Exercise helps to build a stronger heart, which is after all the most important muscle in the body!! When the heart is stronger it can pump more blood per beat meaning you have a lower heart rate and it’s pumping more effectively. It therefore doesn’t take as much effort when you are exercising to breath.
- Exercise lets you eat more. Muscle burns pound for pound more calories than fat. If you are working out it means that you can afford to enjoy a “treat” every now and then. You still need to watch your diet but it means that you will be burning more calories as you go.
- Exercise can boost performance. It’s not all about working out but if you do other activities such as golf or tennis, working out can actually boost your performance. It all works together to boost your fitness levels meaning that your overall performance will be increased.
- Weight loss isn’t the most important goal!! Weight loss you will find is a natural occurrence when you exercise but you shouldn’t make it your only goal. Some people will think that they will see results quickly but this isn’t always the case and sometimes this can have a negative impact. Think of all of the other benefits of exercise and this will give you more of a drive to continue and when you continue the results will come. Remember you are creating a lifestyle here.
i-motion gym are passionate about helping you become what you aspire to become, we are proud to have over 400 classes a month, state of the art equipment and dedicated staff, why not let us help you to achieve your fitness goals http://www.i-motiongym.com/join to book on one. i-motion.Back to Blog