Sometimes we just crave those sweet treats and cheat days and we can’t get them off our minds until the cravings have been satisfied. Well don’t worry; we’ve got a recipe for you. Behold, the yummy Beef, Bacon and Egg Burger. Whether its for breakfast, lunch or dinner this is sure to itch that scratch.
You won’t fall short on getting that needed protein and if you’re craving a side of fries, why not try some sweet potato fries as a nice alternative?
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil, plus a little extra for the grill grate
- 500 grams of 5% fat minced beef
- 4 slices of lean bacon medallions (fat trimmed off) diced
- Kosher salt + black pepper
- 4 wholemeal English muffins / any healthy substitute
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Heat the grill at a medium to high temperature until it’s hot, then put a bit of oil on the grill grate.
- Grab a bowl and gently mix together the beef, bacon and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper with your hands. Once they’ve all been combined, make 4 patties and with your fingers make a shallow well in the top of each patty in order to prevent overplumping during cooking.
- Grill the burgers until cooked (4 minutes on each side for medium-rare). Grill the muffins until toasted (10 – 20 seconds recommended)
- Heat up some water in a pan and crack the eggs. Poach for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat for that slightly runny yolk and season with salt and pepper.
- Stack the tomato, burger and eggs between the muffins and you’re burger is complete!
Get inspired and check out our other top recipes.Back to Blog